MIDDLE SCHOOL TENNIS CLASS TRYOUTS
Mansfield ISD will be starting a year-round tennis class for students who do not have an interest in participating in football, volleyball, or basketball in middle school for the 2017-2018 school year. The students who do participate in these team sports will be able to tryout in the Spring for the Dual Tennis season which is held after school.
1) Parents will be responsible for dropping their child off at the high school in which he or she will be attending.
Instruction will be from 7:25 – 8:25 AM. (The first week of school the student will report to their middle school campus)
2) MISD will provide a shuttle bus that will return students to their home campus during 1st period.
3) Students must have their own racquet and court shoes.
4) Students’ attendance and grade will be based on their presence at the high school campus for tennis class.
5) During bad weather days, students will go through a workout in the gym and/or weight room at the high school.
6) High school tennis coach will oversee the instruction of the class.
7) Students in the class will participate in at least 2 tournaments in the Fall.
8) All students in the class MUST TRYOUT for the Spring Tennis team (Dual tennis format) Students may be required to practice afterschool during the Spring season in addition to their tennis class in the morning.
TRYOUT SITES ARE BASED ON WHERE THE STUDENT WILL BE ATTENDING HIGH SCHOOL. Below are the tryout dates and sites for each high school. Students are encouraged to attend both days. Parents will be notified via email or phone call if your child will be in the class sometime in June.
- Mansfield High School – May 10th & 11th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Summit High School - May 7th & 8th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Timberview High School – May 7th & 8th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Legacy High School – May 7th & 8th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Lake Ridge High School - May 7th & 8th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
**ALL STUDENTS WISHING TO TRYOUT MUST COMPLETE THE MISD PHYSICAL PACKET ONLINE BY YOUR ABOVE TRYOUT DATE. Students who participated in athletics during the 2017-2018 school year, do not have to do the 2018-2019 packet to tryout. Below is the link to submit the online forms. If you are completing the forms for the first time this year, please bring your physical and medical history form with you to the tryouts.
http://bit.ly/MISDATHLETICPACKET (If retyping this link, please make sure to use all capital letters)
If you have any questions please call:
Tammy Lusinger - MISD Assistant Athletic Director
Please bring the bottom part of the flyer with you to the tryouts.